About the Role
Senior-level engineers and planners can fulfill one or more of several career paths, which may include leadership of an office, market, or technical discipline. An emphasis is placed on strategic leadership and management of a variety of transportation planning and engineering projects, including oversight of professional and support staff.
You possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in transportation, civil or electrical engineering, urban and regional planning, or a closely-related field, and a professional license.
- 7+ years of experience in hands-on transportation planning and engineering assignments, such as preparing regional transportation plans, corridor studies, environmental impact analyses, bicycle/pedestrian plans, infrastructure financing plans, and transit ridership forecasting and operations studies.
- Proven success in providing technical leadership and training junior staff
- Proven success with winning work
- Significant experience with direct client interaction
- Proven experience in multiple transportation modeling and analysis software packages, such as Cube/Voyager, TransCAD, EMME, VISUM, VISSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, and others.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and unexpected requirement changes.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects, anticipate issues, propose solutions and implement them successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Transportation enthusiasm and accustomed to working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Willingness to travel to other geographic markets as necessary
- Experience managing large, complex projects
- Experience mentoring less experienced staff
- Experience overseeing project staff in multiple geographic locations
About Fehr & Peers
Fehr & Peers has specialized in providing multi-modal transportation planning and engineering services to public and private sector clients since 1985. Our commitment to the firm’s unique culture is unparalleled in our industry. Partnering with staff to create opportunities for development provides continuous career growth. We consistently seek and encourage feedback to identify areas for individual, team, and firm-wide improvement. Our robust, internally-funded research and development program enables us to develop new analytical methods and advance the state of the practice. We are very proud of the impact our commitment has had on the communities we have been fortunate to serve.