Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Responsible for managing the construction permit process for multiple large scale photo voltaic power plants. Serve as liaison between local jurisdictions and First Solar engineering & construction teams. Have active knowledge of plant design, building codes and land rights functions, in Florida, Georgia and other Southeast US locations, including organizing and negotiating new and modifying existing federal, state, and local permits.
- Minimum 7 years experience in estimating, designing, permitting, and building large construction projects.
- Minimum 7 years land/site development or related experience.
- Previous experience in energy development; with utility-scale solar (Photovoltaic) projects preferred.
- Permitting experience in land use, environmental and endangered species in the Southeastern U.S. preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is required (civil, structural or electricalpreferred).
- PE registration strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills.
- Experience as an individual and a group contributor for resolving complex problems.
- Demonstrates organizational and project management ability.
- Commitment to superior quality and accuracy.
- Personal commitment to a safe working environment for all employees.
- Willingness and dedication to accomplish an objective accurately and within schedule requirements.
- Lead and influence professionals in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skills with MS Suite.
- Work with various departments to define, apply for, and manage complex federal, state, and local environmental, construction, and related permits.
- Understand/Develop relationships and effectively communicate as may be directed with diverse groups of external stakeholders; including land owners, partners, government officials, technical experts, utilities, and consultants.
- Establish working relationships with approving officials and educate and direct permitting process within each jurisdiction’s structure.
- Provide regulator guidance on all related issues to assist with compliance based on knowledge of Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Manage permitting cost plans, schedules, and budgets for all assigned activities.
- Work with engineers, contractors, and consultants to evaluate and prepare permitting strategies.
- Manage project development activities with cross functional resources, peers, and outside consultants, to ensure project is progressing in accordance with schedule, and that all requirements are met.
- Other duties as assigned.