Ready To Learn (RTL) project is a joint initiative of PBS and the
Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). It focuses on the development
and dissemination of content across media and platforms to improve
learning, with an emphasis on building science and literacy skills for
children ages 2-8. CPB and PBS will partner with producers, science and literacy experts, outreach partners, and evaluators to develop learning content and employ innovative strategies to increase use at home, in the community, and in schools.
The Engineer will work alongside a team of front-end and back-end web developers to architect, build, test, and launch interactive and educational experiences for kids, parents, and educators.
What you will do:
- Join a small team responsible for big projects, all with a focus on kids, parents, and educators.
- Collaborate with Engineering team, review architectural requirements and translate them into public-facing web applications.
- Partner with designers to build and implement highly interactive and fun experiences for kids, parents, and educators.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to launch high quality products.
- Maintain knowledge of software quality best practices and industry trends.
What experiences you have:
- 1-3 years of work in software development
- Writing reusable front-end components for CMS integration.
- Collaborating with in-house, remote, and contractor teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Nice to have:
- Experience in creating, debugging, and deploying web applications and websites.
- Knowledge of release management process including source control.
- Ability to act as a resourceful, self-directed, and creative problem-solver who can meet aggressive deadlines.