$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
SABIC is a world leader in providing engineering thermoplastic material solutions. We provide high-performance products used in thousands of applications worldwide and seek to consistently improve our manufacturing capabilities to meet high customer demand and standards. The Production Engineer leads the daily production of the Manufacturing Unit. This position is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing operations are optimized to achieve business needs.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
• Supports Operations work process. This includes working with the Operations Leadership Team to establish and resolve performance gaps.
• Ensures Business Line, Operations and Supply Chain are fully coordinated.
• Converts Business Plan to daily operations plan and communicates the plan to the operations team.
• Provides technical expertise in the daily operations of the unit; assists operators in resolving gaps between production and the operating plan.
• Provides troubleshooting expertise.
• Works with the Process Engineer to ensure operating plan and reliability issues are coordinated.
• Analyzes and allocates production losses.
• Supports Asset Reliability work process - Works with the Process Engineer to ensure operating plan, Preventive Predictive Maintenance plan, and reliability issues are coordinated.
• Helps define manufacturing strategy based on variable cost, mix and service requirements.
• Defines, executes, and tracks the materials and energy usage budget.
Requirements Requirements: Qualifications/Requirements:
• BS Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years engineering experience.
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing operations, process equipment and technology.
• Understanding of the sales and operations planning process.
• Ability to use simple statistical tools such as fish bone, histogram, Pareto charts, etc. for data analysis.
• Ability to collect relevant data, history trends, and process information, root cause analysis results, and other data to identify or troubleshoot process problems.
• Ability to use in depth analysis and structured methodology to identify the true root causes of a situation or event.
• Derives great satisfaction out of transferring their knowledge and skills for process troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Ability to lead others in discovering the answers to problems.
• Ability to actively listen and see different perspectives.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to provide direction, guidance and encouragement.
• You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the apply online option on this page.
• You must be 18 years or older
• You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
• You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
• You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Desired Skill Desired Skill:
• Plastics Industry Experience
• Six Sigma MAIC/DFSS trained
• Green/Black Belt Certified
Country United States of America
State/Province Illinois (IL)
General PEOPLE WHO CAN
Valid Through: 2019-9-13