Our client has an unusual mechanical engineering position that combines design, analysis, troubleshooting and some field interaction with engineers at customer sites throughout the the US! (20%)
World leader in gear drives, excellent benefits and advancement opportunity.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
This position requires technical and interpersonal skills to provide customer support, production support, and interdepartmental training and technical support. Position involves project management, technical problem solving and process improvement for efficiency gains.
BS Mechanical Engineering, 1- 5 years' experiencepreferred
Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literate, "Auto-Cad" type design skills, organized, safety training and awareness in all activities, problem solving, and project management. Lean manufacturing and ISO Quality System experience a plus.
1. Customer support – including quotes, orders, technical support via phone, email, and in person (25% travelrequired).
2. Interdepartmental support – trouble shooting production problems, design, implementing and maintaining processes and procedures, technical product support and training to all areas.
3. Process Improvement – manage system for creating, implementing, and tracking improvement ideas and create and track metrics as needed.
4. Create drawings and solid models in Inventor. Maintain drawings, engineering change requests, drawing revisions, and drawing filing system.
5. Evaluate needs for additional capital equipment and document justification and payback on Allowance for Expenditure (AFE).
6. Create and update BOM and routers in Made-2-Manage.
7. Reverse engineering
8. Evaluate root cause of product failures and write professional failure reports for customers. Determine warranty status for product that operational issues within the warranty period.
9. Provide customer support for product issues on site. This may require overnight travel and working in the field to troubleshoot product problems. This may include collecting of field vibration data and analysis to determine root cause.
10. Technical training for customers on capabilities of Amarillo Gear Services and refurbishment training for those customers that do their own repairs.
11. Special projects as assigned.
For confidential consideration please submit your resume. Interviews in one week.