L3Harris-Aeromet develops unique technical solutions to non-traditional problems. Our engineering team consists of a unique blend or designers, analyzers, coders, planners, and managers. We are organized into interdisciplinary teams to solve the challenging technical problems that our diverse customer set provides us.
Successful candidates for Mechanical Engineer will have a demonstrated ability:
- Design modifications for special mission aircraft. Such modifications typically include the addition of antennas, structural modifications including cutting stringers, frames, skin panels, and relocating impacted systems.
- Analyze the impact to the host platform that the design changes cause and use this analysis during the design phase to ensure that the overall impact to airworthiness is minimized.
- Effectively communicate as part of a multi-disciplinary team working together to ensure that the aircraft systems contribute to the overall success of the program.
- Knowledge of the airworthiness process is a must and the ability to iterate design approaches with the cognizant airworthiness authorities is critical.
- 5-8 years BS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field. 3-6 years MS Degree in a related field or have 10 years relevant experience.
- We work in the digital age. Candidates must be comfortable working with standard MS Office tools as well as have demonstrated experience on a Solid Modeling CAD system and Product Lifecycle Management system. A working knowledge of FEA and experience with NX/TeamCenter is a plus.
- All candidates must be US Citizens and either have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance. Must have good communication skills and be able to work any shift, weekends and overtime, as required. Travel, up to 15%, or as required.
- Through internships, hobbies, or previous work experience they will have demonstrated that they can conceive a design from start to finish. Though previous experience in the special mission modification area is a plus, candidates with no previous experience will be considered assuming they have demonstrated at some point the ability to work a complex design process from start to finish.