McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
McKean is looking for Mechanical Engineers to support the fleet for propulsion systems and equipment.
1. Perform engineering and technical research, development and testings of dynamics and thermo dynamics of gas turbine engines
2. Testing engine rotations and heat transfer
3. Understanding of Gas Turbine operation, troubleshooting, failure modes and corrective actions
4. Must have an active government security clearance or be clearable
1. BS in Engineering, Physics or related degree
2. Over 10 years of experience with Gas Turbines and shipboard operations.
3. Excellent writing and communication skills
4. Must be able to work independently and multi-task
5. Strong MS Office skills
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company