Performs production support and assembly engineering work, requiring application of standard and advanced techniques, procedures and criteria in supporting processes and/or systems. Independently develops clear and specific objectives for given assignments
that may require the investigation of several alternative solutions. Utilizes industrial system controls and programming to implement these solutions. Designs, implements, maintains and improves electrical controls, components, products and systems for industrial
equipment. Support the needs of the Service Group by performing a variety of assignments involving the installation, modification, test or repair of industrial automation equipment. Develops thoughts and ideas into engineered solutions with approval from supervisor
and provides guidance to co-ops, technicians and other engineers. Effectively participates in a team setting to achieve results. Effectively leads the plant effort to integrate moderate to large projects into plant operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support and continuously improve processes, capacity & equipment using current project management, process control methodology.
• Responsible for Process/Product Validation of new product introductions into production.
• Provide analytical problem solving and process troubleshooting support in area of expertise.
• Is an operations resource for technical questions, processes and product-lines.
• Communicates progress through management updates and team meetings.
• Coordinates the work of drafters, technicians, engineers and others who assist on specific assignments.
• Works with project personnel to ensure the smooth implementation of process development work into plant operations.
• Responsible for creating and improving standard work for assembly and test processes.
• Actively supports the development of co-ops, technicians and engineers.
RequirementsEducation and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• BS degree in a technical field plus appropriate continuous training.
• 5+ years of experience in related field.
• Advanced knowledge of engineering principles.
• Ability to solve complex problems and complete multiple projects, uses advanced problem solving methods to make decisions.
• Applies proven technology independently.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer and office software skills.
• College Degree Major Desired: Electrical, electronic or controls engineering
• Preference will be given to applicants who have experience with:
o Multiple industrial control systems (i.e. Allen Bradley, RsLogix 5000, PLC, HMI/OIT and DCS).
o Writing, modifying, and debugging motion control programs and robot programming (ABB, Mitsubishi, Fanuc, Epson, and/or Universal Robotics).
o Vision & Laser Marking Systems (i.e. Datalogic, Keyence)
o Solidworks 3D CD Design Software
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Enabling Change
• Service Orientation
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests.