Engineer Manager NPD
11 - 15 years experience • Business Services
This position is responsible for the management and decision making concerning resources, scope, budget, and time lines for commercial and sourced new product development projects, managing the new product introduction process, and supporting various program management activities for commercial beverage products.
- Manage and lead key programs involving multiple functions and teams to drive the engineering product development and implementation process for multiple products across cross functional teams.
- Lead and provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of program management innovation and excellence.
- May define and conduct user training for new applications or methodologies as required.
- Utilize lessons learned to ensure teams are always improving.
- Liaise between core teams, management and the extended enterprise to set priorities, work through barriers and present compromises and tradeoffs to ensure project success.
- Manage activities of development teams and internal and external development partners; ensure alignment with business strategy and own responsibility for overall program management.
- Plan and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and team members to obtain project status and discuss current issues/risks.
- Develop detailed project plans that define key activities, timelines, and resource requirements to achieve objectives.
- Responsible for project risk management and project governance/best practice.
- Coordinate and respond to request for changes from original specifications.
- Monitor project results against technical specifications and performance measures.
- Review and evaluate program plans and guidelines for compliance with program management guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve overall program management quality and results for the organization.
- Develop and maintain NPD documentation and process improvement as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineeringrequired; 10-15years of experience directly supervising resources, planning, managing and scheduling project activities; PMP certification a plus; strong electrical and mechanical technical skills, project management experience, leadership, and the ability to drive deliverables of cross-functional product development teams; ability to travel; understanding of global and sourced manufacturing environments (operations, quality and supply chain knowledge a plus); strong knowledge on risk control, budgets/financials and change management processes; must participate and contribute in technical design discussions and reviews; hands on technical leader; must possess the ability to cultivate the people skills needed to develop credibility, trust and communication among stakeholders; must possess ability to break down complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled; perform as a change agent using skills and expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within project teams; self motivated, driven personality with ability to grasp technical concepts; must be detail oriented and possess excellent oral/written communication skills; proficient in MS Office and Project Management software; ability to manage internal development projects from inception to successful implementation; demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems; ability to build and maintain effective relationships with business partners and suppliers; must be a decision-maker and willing to negotiate to develop win-win situations; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization; ability to facilitate issues and resolve conflict as appropriate; must perform well under pressure and be comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.