General Description with Scope:
Responsible for implementation phase of a program including equipment and tool specifications, acquisition, delivery, start-up and training in accordance with Dana policies and procedures. Also includes daily troubleshooting and continuous improvements for production.
Skill in working with various mechanical equipment (assemblies, fixtures, machines, etc.).
Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
Ability to interpret set-ups and specifications.
Knowledge of modular, CNC, conventional machining, or MIG welding and cold and warm forming processes.
Microsoft Office and AutoCAD proficient.
- Lead the development of baseline engineering package for processing components in accordance with sales order and IRFQ.
- Develop process sheets for assigned projects.
- Lead development of PFMEA.
- Complete responsibility for maintaining process book for all assigned projects.
- Lead the development of designs for station cuts, fixtures, special machines, integration with material handling and equipment layouts.
- Provide information to tooling engineer and tool layouts and tool matrices. Assure these documents are incorporated into the process book.
- Develop controls line up drawing and communicate function and safety requirements to controls engineers.
- Develop and maintain equipment and engineering bid specification packages. Lead supplier line up with purchasing.
- Development and support the run off standards for all related equipment, tools, fixtures and gages.
- Document all runoffs and publish the data. Maintain records of all runoff data in the process books and keep copies of all books for the life of the program, plus one year.
- Develop and maintain engineering timing in accordance with program managers, macro level program timing.
- Respond to IRFQ’s by researching a process and filling out manufacturing operation sheets in accordance with procedures.
- Perform feasibility analysis and complete IRFQ’s for new products.
- Develop and maintain cost data bases for all standard and tooled processes including design, equipment, tooling, for standard manufacturing processes, and gages.
- Other project related duties as assigned.
- Education Required/Preferred:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in manufacturing or mechanical engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Five to ten years of experience in project engineering of high-volume production machines and working with various manufacturing machines.