We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Regulatory Technology aims to be an industry leading function that delivers sustainable regulatory compliance through technology automation and competitive operating leverage to create a safe and controlled operating environment that protects the Deutsche Bank franchise and its clients.
In order to do this, we must ensure that we remain an engineering focused organization. We are looking for technologists who demonstrate a passion to build the right thing in the right way.
You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team, including analysts, developers and testers. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value. You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to take a leading role in all stages of software delivery, from initial analysis right through to production support.
We will ask a lot of you, but we will offer a lot in return. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that provides continuous growth and learning, with an emphasis excellence and mutual respect.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyze and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Use BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right
- Define and evolve the architecture of the components you are working on. Contribute to architectural decisions at a department and bank-wide level
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it’s needed
- Ensure that your team can build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Share skills and knowledge in a wide range for topics relating to software delivery
- As an Assistant Vice President, you will be expected to lead others. For example in sharing knowledge, facilitating meetings and workshops, defining new designs and discovering new techniques. In some cases, it may also include elements of team leadership or line management
You will need:
- Deep knowledge of Java, the JVM, object orientation and SOLID principles
- Practical experience of test driven development and constant refactoring in continuous integration environment
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
You will also have:
- Behavior Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- An understanding of functional programming
- Experience with technologies that store, transport and manipulate data, for example: relational databases, nosql, document databases, graph databases, Hadoop/HDFS, streaming and messaging
- Knowledge gained in Financial Services environments, for example products, instruments, trade lifecycles, regulation, risk, financial reporting or accounting
- Architecture and design approaches that support rapid, incremental and interactive delivery, such as Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing and micro services
- We are happy to consider those with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications. Qualifications in computer science, STEM subjects, other numerate disciplines, business and economics are beneficial for the role
- We also look favorably upon those with equivalent practical experience. This could have be gained in the workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects
Job ID: 3171869