Essential Duties of Position for all Levels:
- · Responsible for the design, implementation, and support of large scale infrastructure across multiple cloud solutions.
- · Automate and streamline operations and processes to rapidly release reliable applications faster and more frequently.
- · Build and maintain tools for deployment and testing in stable and scalable production environments.
Job Qualifications at all Levels:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Requires a strong knowledge of agile methodology and continuous integration and delivery.
- • Knowledge of orchestration tools for automated deployments
- • Understanding of configuration management and software defined infrastructure
- • Work as a project team member.
- • Develop/Build IT solutions to meet business requirements.
- • Install and configure solutions.
- • Translates business and technical requirements in to test cases, test scenarios, and scripts.
- • Develops and/or implements reusable components.
- • Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations.
- • Adheres to standards and procedures.
- • Reviews modules for quality assurance.
- • Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
- • Assist in production support.
- • May troubleshoot existing IT systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions.
- • Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
- • Communication: Create clear and concise written documentation for a variety of audiences, including developers, business analysts and business users. Use a blend of written communication techniques, including detailed documentation, diagramming and slide presentations. Take initiative to initiate communication among teams, including remote team members. Initiate and deliver presentations to internal groups on domain topics.
- • Team Leadership: Lead by example on all fronts. Guide development teams in a manner that creates success and allows for future self sufficiency. Foster innovation and promote teamwork.
- • People and Self-Management: Own and manage priorities and individual tasks without direct supervision. Take initiative and seek out opportunities. Assess and accept risks and learn from mistakes. Build and maintain effective working relationships with leadership, peers, customers and vendors. Work to resolve problem relationships directly.
- • Customer Service: Provide a professional level of service to both external and internal customers. Take ownership and accountability of problems and facilitate finding a solution, involving other groups as necessary.
Additional Job Requirements: The subject matter expert, exhibits broad and deep knowledge of job and related areas. This is leadership technical position requiring the ability to work independently, in a team technical lead role, and lead teams working under deadlines and operating constraints. Requires the ability design solutions and lead efforts; development and implementation of software defined infrastructure, automate tasks, and the following duties in addition to previous
Level Definition requirements:
- • Leads technical staff on complex, major, and highly visible projects/programs.
- • Provides subject matter expertise and technical direction.
- • Collaborates with project managers to prioritize development capabilities.
- • Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risks, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on departmental processes and goals.
- • Coordinates communication and activities between technical teams.
- • Leads development and communicate business requirements and technical specifications for the design and implementation of client solutions.
- • Leads project teams and assists with technical sizing requirements.
- • Coordinates development activities with other groups.
- • Develops custom integration solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features.
- • Leads and guides design and development of reusable components.
- • Ensures the adherence of standards, process, and procedures.
- • Develops technical convergence plans to meet standards as needed.
- • Oversees and assists with production support.
- • Leads technical evaluation and selection process by overseeing gap analysis, and recommending and/or approving scope modifications.
- • Promotes effective use of information technology by educating users on system functionality.
- • Provides performance feedback to managers.
- · A minimum of ten years experience required in any combination of the following:
- • Experience in Telecommunications or Computer Sciences/IT field.
- • Experience working in applications, systems, or IT operations.
- • Working knowledge of two or more programming language.
- • Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications using Continuous Delivery/Integration methodologies and emerging technologies.
- • Experience leading Agile team environments.
- • Experience designing and leading development of Automation Tools.
- • Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of a broad range of hardware and software products.
- • Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
- · High School diploma or equivalent required.
- · Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field required.
- · In addition to minimum experience required, degree may be substituted with relevant work experience on a year-for-year basis.
- · Certifications: Industry specific certifications are highly valued and can contribute toward education.