Results oriented Software QA Engineer lead with minimum 10 years total hands-on experience, including 5 years leading SDLC compliant on-shore and off-shore QA test teams. Proven liaison and partnership skills to effectively manage client expectations along with accomplished communication, negotiation and problem resolution skills. Innovative problem solver with hands on testing experience and automating test cases using Selenium. The candidate should also have the ability to see both the business and technical sides of the problem. Reengineered and facilitated key QA methodologies, processes and metrics standards resulting in increased quality of releases delivered to clients. Strong expertise in UI automation and backend testing. Strong analytical skills with solid technical background in distributed development environments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead QA initiatives including managing QA teams of 2-3 people and contributing to the testing effort in a hands-on role
- Work with the QA Manager to oversee all aspects of quality assurance for business channel including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and using tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
- Develop and execute procedures, plans, test cases and scripts (manual and automated)
- Using built automation framework, work with Automation lead to build selenium automated test scripts
- Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop project schedules, execute test plans and cases and deliver high quality products
- Track testing risks and develop mitigation action plans
- Responsibilities will include the creation and execution of detailed test scripts to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Proven experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies
- Strong expertise in designing and implementing automation tests using Java and Selenium
- Proficient in testing backend components, REST APIs & Web Services.
- Experience working in an Agile development and continuous integration environment
- Experience managing QA teams on initiatives of at least 3 people
- Proven ability to lead offshore teams
- Capable of adapting to a rapidly evolving environment
- Expert at SQA methodologies, tools and approaches (manual and automated testing experience)
- Extensive knowledge of QA tools such as ALM, Jira and methodologies
- Extensive experience with of cross browser testing, compatibility testing, web services and mobile device testing
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Strong people management, interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated, customer oriented and able to work independently as well as within a team and with internal business and technology partner
- Experience and good understanding with Chrome Dev tools, UNIX command, Shell scripting, Eclipse, HTTP, HTTPS a plus
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University.
- Advanced skills, subject matter expert with 8+ years QA experience.