The Industrial Product Design Engineer will work closely with the Company President and will be responsible for designing and developing various products/product families. Successful candidate appreciates the requirement of aesthetic design in the context of the shape, style and overall appearance of a high-quality consumer product/tool with unsurpassed performance and reliability and with a focus on least cost manufacturing in the context of machinability, molding and/or automation.
Key attributes for this position are as follows
- Ensures design efficiently and effectively utilizes materials, labor and capital resources.
- Generates a design specification after discussion with company management, sales team and market survey.
- Designs, models, develops samples and tests finished product for quality performance and reliability purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
- Familiarity with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Communicates costs involved in production of design
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected subject to company goals and objectives
- Knowledge of plastics and metals
- SolidWorks CAD software proficiency & AutoCAD
- High level of creativity
- Flexible and willing to accept input and constructive criticism
- Working knowledge of automation
A potential candidate with experience in one or more of the following industries is a plus:
- Consumer products / tools
- Electrical hardware
- Electronic hardware
- Outdoor/Sporting Goods
- Communication Proficiency – Written and Verbal
- Customer/Client Focus
- This job operates in a professional office environment and a manufacturing/factory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time Exempt level role
- This position requires 0% travel
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field
- Minimum of 5-10 years hands-on experience in product design
- Innovative thinking, high personal motivation, deep engineering capability, 4D’s
- SolidWorks CAS & AutoCAD Competency