The Level III Test Engineer is responsible for executing and ensuring the on-time development of reliable transmissions tests, which ensure new or modified products are able to be manufactured, meet customer specifications, and maintain company standards, in addition to serving as a technical liaison for test activities in order to support internal and external customers. Works on multiple complex projects requiring innovation.
- Perform test engineering and related analysis as required to support internal and external customers.
- Execute all test activities including the definition of test plans, test procedures, and work orders for lab technicians.
- Develop complex tests to analyze/assess the effect of software release on hardware and hardware releases during the production and application approval process.
- Develop complex test plans, procedures, work instructions from customer requirements DVP&Rs, and FMEAs.
- Setup, configure and operate test setups, fixtures, and instrumentation as required by test plans, test standards, and customer instructions.
- Design test fixtures as required per customer requirements, test plan, and test standards; validate test and product designs accordingly.
- Implement and deploy test fixtures, testing apparatuses, and machines.
- Lead troubleshooting and root cause analysis of issues in transmissions.
- Lead assembly and handling of prototype transmissions.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in testing within a powertrain and/or related area.
- Strong Functional/Product Knowledge, ability to train others
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Working knowledge of measurement techniques, hydraulics, and vehicle testing techniques.
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems, data analysis, and data processing
- Electrical experience highly preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now, or in the future including H1B transfers.
Be part of our ZF team as Engineer III - Testing and apply now!