- Work with the business for proper representation of equipment, equipment specs, Network Systems, connections, orders, etc. to ensure Metasolv records are represented as physically built.
- Perform analysis and/or resolution on incoming remedy tickets from multiple user groups.
- Pro-actively drive improvements in the methods, guidelines and best-practices within and across organizations
- Act as technical consultant within and outside assigned department in area of expertise.
- Define and analyze current gaps and recommend solutions.
- Establish training, and job aid documentation to improve workflow and educate users.
- Provide overall support for MSS application to all business groups.
- Provide support for user issues, including data errors, user errors, software issues, questions, etc.
- Serve as a single point of contact/liaison with Windstream IT groups for MSS system issues. Work independently with Prodapt for testing resolution on system issues.
- Support grooming of colleagues to increase knowledge, experience and leadership
- Assist business groups with escalation of stalled or rejected orders as needed.
Be a professional Team Player and multi-task. Be an active supporter of Windstream’s core beliefs: WOW CUSTOMERS, PEOPLE POWERED and BUILD BRIDGES. Be an active supporter of Windstream’s core values: COLLABORATION, ACCOUNTABILITY, AGILTY and RESPECT.
- SME knowledge of Metasolv database
- SME knowledge of Transport, Data, Voice Network
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to take lead and manage high priority projects with little to no day-to-day instruction
- Ability to prioritize projects
- Working knowledge of DCS, MUX, Voice Switches, Ethernet Devices, Data Devices and SONET/Optical Networks
- 8-10 years of equipment modeling experience OR
- 8-10 years of circuit design experience
- 6-8 years of IP/Ethernet Experience OR
- 6-8 years of IP/Ethernet Experience
- Provide technical leadership for Data / Transport device configurations
College degree and 8-10 years related experience or 12+ years equivalent related
Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related