Do you want to be part of the team that is taking the healthcare industry by storm by engineering systems that have a significant impact on patient care, healthcare spend and population health management?
Omnicell is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer (SQE) for our Engineering organization with proven manual and automation testing skills. An ideal candidate will have distributed system testing experience, strong analytical abilities, teamwork and communication skills, and ability to maintain and extend test automation.
- Design and development of test plans, test cases along with defect management, tracking and triage.
- Test and validate code/workflows using manual and automation tools.
- Ability and desire to understand software code, debug issues using log files, and write automation.
- Implement test automation for systems where none exists to extend our current capabilities.
- Actively participate and lend credible inputs during requirement gathering, test case reviews, sprint planning and grooming sessions.
- Proactively solve problems and suggest process improvements in testing and automation to improve the product quality quotient.
- Actively participate in product automation efforts for earlier identification of functional issues and continuous improvement of regression suite coverage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent working knowledge of testing methodologies and strategies, including: black box, grey box, and white box testing; feature, functional, continuous integration, and regression testing
- Passionate about software quality and test architecture. Must be able to review specifications and design thorough test coverage
- Firm understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum based testing in particular areas. Proven skills and experience in testing and automating Client Application workflows
- Ability to define/design/develop/maintain test automation
- Understanding of application lifecycle management tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT
- Firm understanding and Knowledge of databases
- Proven skills in data analysis, data/design verification, and problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining on-task
- Increase functional test coverage (API) and enhance test frameworks
- Knowledge of testing architectures including microservices and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of web client applications built on the Microsoft Windows platform
- Work with SQE community to set company-wide SQE standards and practices
- Train and mentor manual and junior SQE members
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering field of study
- 6+ years' experience in software testing experience developing mission critical applications to commercial/enterprise markets
- 2 + years of experience in designing and maintaining Test Automation, writing automation code using descriptive programming at UI and Service/API layers
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience programming using C#/.NET