Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients-one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell!Software Engineer III, Big Data
Want to be part of the team that's taking the healthcare industry by storm by engineering systems that have a significant impact on patient care, healthcare spends and population health management? Do you want to be part of our organization in the continued development of a data pipeline using AI for predictive analytics and benchmarking? Do you thrive in an agile environment that values sustainable quality over velocity and encourage team members' direct participation? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Omnicell is looking for you.
Omnicell's customers range from clinicians in large hospitals to managing their own medication regiment from home. It is our mission to improve healthcare for everyone. We do this by removing unnecessary manual processes that allow caregivers to focus on what matters; the patient. We also help patients who are talking medications succeed in being adherent to their medication regimen, keeping them healthier and reducing their overall healthcare spend.
Omnicell has an opening for a passionate and hands-on Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team located in Cranberry Township, PA. As a performance center team member, you will work with a team of engineers on our cloud data platform that streams data from a variety of health care software and hardware systems in real-time to create transformational recommendations and benchmarking across our customers. Our solutions help to drive improved financial performance, compliance, and better patient outcomes. Each day you will make a positive impact in healthcare, while working with the latest technologies. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Automate and streamline our processes to enable the team's deliverables to our customers
- Monitor our production workloads, evaluate performance issues and solve them.
- Develop custom real-time streaming data pipelines using Spark
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating data lineage, quality checks, classification, etc.
- Have a quality mindset, squash bugs with a passion, and work hard to prevent them in the first place through unit testing, test-driven development, version control, continuous integration and deployment.
- Be passionate about solving customer problems and develop solutions that result in a passionate customer/community following
- Create design and participate in design and code reviews
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Operate within Agile Development environment and apply the methodologies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Experience creating and modifying CI/CD pipelines for new deliverables.
- Experience with deploying AWS cloud services and infrastructure
- Experience with network, application, security, and server monitoring
- Demonstrated understanding of distributed computing principles
- Experience developing ETL processing flows using MapReduce technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- Good knowledge of stream-processing systems, such as Storm or Spark-Streaming
- Good knowledge of various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Good knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real time processing, streaming, networking, and security
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years' experience in software engineering
- 1+ years' experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, TeamCity or other deployment tools
- 1+ years' experience with configuration management with Ansible, Octopus or other similar configuration tools
- 1+ years' Management of Spark or Hadoop clusters
- 1+ years' experience with building data pipelines with spark or hadoop
- 6+ years' experience in software engineering
- 2+ years' experience with configuration management with Ansible, Octopus or other similar configuration tools
- 2+ years' experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, TeamCity or other deployment tools
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge of data architectures, data pipelines, real time processing, streaming, networking, and security
- 1+ years' experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- 1+ years' experience with spark structured streaming
- 1+ years' experience with Kafka
- 1+ years using public cloud
To protect our employees, partners, and customers, Omnicell requires most U.S. employees to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or obtain approval from Omnicell for an exemption and accommodationfora medical condition or a sincerely-held religious belief or practice.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.