Hughes has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer III - Quality. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
This position works within the Corporate Quality Assurance Organization and is responsible for working with the consumer business unit within Hughes to continually improve the quality of service offered to our customers.
- Participate as a Product & Service Launch team member working with product line managers, design engineers, installation & maintenance teams, and customer service teams during the development, launch, and post launch processes for new products & services.Develop a comprehensive launch plan requirements whose completion will be an input in approving the launch of a new product/service.
- Working with field services and design engineering teams to develop and test new installation techniques of the Satellite Antenna Systems.
- Working with Product/Service Launch management for Quality Assurance oversight of the design, launch, and ongoing review of product and service performance.
- Ongoing quality management responsibilities that include measuring key performance indicators (KPI’s), identifying performance and process gaps, and leading process improvement teams to drive higher levels of performance, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
- Developing and analyzing customer satisfaction surveys to measure product and service satisfaction.
- Conduct internal audits of various functional groups to identify process inefficiencies and non-conformances.
- Perform root cause and corrective/preventive action and provide a comprehensive report on the critical/major field issues.
- Lead process improvement teams to define, measure, analyze, implement, and control new process changes that will deliver sustainable improvements to the company and our customers.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- 3 years of experience in engineering
- 1 year of experience in program management
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Proficient in Internet Protocol and basic networking.
- Proficient in MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple assignments.
- Must have ability to manage project(s) and collaborate with other team members/functional groups and achieve results.
- Ability to work creatively and independently with strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple, changing priorities and demands.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills to communicate to a broad audience.