Assure compliance to Customer requirements. Follow-up closely key quality metrics; Lead multifunctional teams; failure analysis using problem solving techniques. Support flawless implementation of new products/process; use SPC for process improvement.
- Maintain and update Quality Procedures as required by our document Quality System.
- Plan and implement corrective action programs to minimize losses and improve yields.
- Implement a Quality Audit plan to monitor conformance to Quality Procedures and Inspection/Test Instructions.
- Perform analysis of scrap cost to identify major issues. Coordinate actions to minimize overall costs.
- Identify process, methods and design issues which impact negatively on Quality, Costs and yields.
- Develop and implement Process Controls for critical assembly operations.
- Coordinate Quality Planning on new product introduction.
- Utilize techniques, systems and methods that promote prevention as a solution to quality/reliability issues.
- Directs hiring and discharge of personnel under his/her direction within Division guidelines. Conducts performance appraisals and recommends pay adjustments.
- Administers rules of conduct within divisional guidelines and imposes disciplinary action as required.
- Outlines and monitors adherence to all established safety rules and regulations as stated in Division/Corporate policies.
- Perform all other related on special duties as assigned.
- Observe preventive measures and EHS regulations placed around the company and comply with the requirements.
- Give immediate notice to their direct supervisor of unsafe acts and conditions observed in the areas, labor accidents or incidents that take place, as well as collaborate in the investigation of such.
- Participate in risk/hazard prevention and emergency attention training provided by the Company.
- Conduct themselves with the necessary care to avoid by any work related hazards.
- Properly wear Personal Safety Equipment required in areas and comply with the established measures to prevent work related hazards.
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering ---preferred in Electronic (SMD). Certification as a Quality Engineer is preferred. Must have specific course and/or work experience in QualityControl techniques and applied statistics.
- Seven plus, years of experience in working on World class manufacturing facilities.
- Work experience must include manufacturing and/or Quality Engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in verbal and writing skills for Spanish & English languages
- Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communications and presentation. Proficient with MS Office tools (e.g. Office & SharePoint and MS Project Professional)
- Experience in statistical tools and problem solving skills
- Experience with new product introduction (APQP)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to learn and adapt to new business processes, technologies, and environments. Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Project management and people management skills are critical
- Has to be proficient in verbal and writing skills for Spanish and English languages.
- Has to have the following competencies:
Innovation, Continuous improvements, customer orientation, Team work, initiative, Orientation and drive to results, analytical skills, decision making, communication, problem solving, project planning, manufacturing process design