Performs complex technical work such as the design, manufacture and operation of structures, machines and systems under broad supervision and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard technical techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Investigates a moderate number of technical variables in completing assignments that have clear and defined objectives.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Works independently on standard projects while assistance is furnished on unusual problems.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- May supervise the work of engineers/technicians or others who assist in specific assignments and work jointly with other engineers.
- Performs work of some higher technical level for continuing training purposes.
- Works on special projects, writes ECN's, and creates prototypes under broad direction.
- May have authority over NCMR'S.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
- Fine motor skills
- Chemical vapors
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry with five years previous related experience.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving and development.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
- Scientific techniques/evaluation/selection/application
- Scientific variable analysis
- Supervisory assistance
- Special projects/ECN's/prototype creation
- NCMR causes/corrective actions/dispositions