Summary – Taking into account safety and quality requirements, ensure the completion of commissioning activities on time and on budget to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Analyze contract and elaborate a project specific testing plan and schedule;
- Lead planning and execution of pre, dry and wet commissioning and ensure all interfaces between systems are covered;
- Track and mitigate schedule and budget deviations;
- Develop project and system specific commissioning procedures;
- Identify possible risks and their impact in schedule and cost and develop associated relevant mitigation;
- Establish and maintain pre-established standard commissioning processes with customer, site (field service) and other commissioning engineers affected to the project;
- Participate to HSE procedure development for commissioning;
- Participate in the development of competitive commissioning and testing offers;
- Support team members (commissioning engineers / technicians) in the planning, commissioning and reporting phase of their specific project.
- Coordinate testing activities with customer and site (field service);
- Drive and manage commissioning schedule and resources to archive project targets;
- Perform field tests and measurements and provide expert diagnostics and support;
- Act as the external and internal customer primary contact in respect to all commissioning topics (Plant Owner, Voith Project Manager, etc.);
- Meet, follow and promote all applicable HSE standards. Stop all activities if plant safety requirements are not met;
- Periodic control of site safety procedures and devices;
- Ensure execution of all testing activities as per contract requirements;
- Document and track all schedule and/or cost deviations as per applicable process.
- Ensure proper documentation of commissioning results (check sheets, reports) and commissioning meetings;
- Daily / weekly / monthly reporting when applicable, with a focus on any activities impacting the critical path.
LL and Feedback:
- Feed engineering with commissioning and troubleshooting experiences in design phase;
- Perform failure and root cause analysis when required;
- Drive internal and external commissioning Lessons Learned;
- Participate in department’s continuous improvement by promoting innovation and challenging actual processes and templates.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering combined with at least 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar position related to hydroelectricity;
- Clear interest in a multi-disciplinary role (electrical / mechanical);
- Expert in implementation of safety clearance procedure (Lock-Out / Tag-Out);
- Knowledge of the IEEE norm STD 115, IEC 60034, IEC 60041 and data acquisition (asset);
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written (French would be an asset);
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-directed with the desire to solve problems;
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and proven teamwork skills;
- Ability to perform well under pressure;
- Available to travel approximately 40-50% of the time.