This position is responsible for working with cross functional teams to design, develop and perform testing required to support Design verification and Regulatory testing of new products and existing products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure regulatory compliance by completing test setup, staging, and system configuration for submission to NRTL’s, FCC, Notified Bodies, CE Mark, and other global regulatory bodies.
- Support engineering Design Verification Testing (DVT) by running electrical and thermal test.
- Work with Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) for Safety, EMI/EMC, Radio and other certifications.
- Mechanical assembly of prototype hardware.
- Knowledge of MS Word, PPT, Visio, and Excel are required for presenting test data, creating diagrams to support regulatory testing laboratories.
- This role will require daily support to the engineering team operating various test equipment, including some automation, to ensure product verification in a timely manner.
- A very important part of this role requires learning the operation of the Small Cell 4G and 5G Base station systems to provide support for field returns, general trouble shooting and regulatory testing.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5-7 years working with product compliance such as FCC, CE, UL, CSA, and IEC Standards, or a Master's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 2-5 years working with product compliance such as FCC, CE, UL, CSA, and IEC Standards.
- Demonstrated experience working with Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs).
- Knowledge of EMC and Wireless regulatory requirements.
- Programming and Scripting in languages such as Python, Linux, VB and Tera Term.
- Some knowledge of network configuration required.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is expected.
- Ability to interact with all design disciplines including Software, Hardware, Diagnostics and Mechanical engineering teams as well as external NRTL’s.
- Organizational skills required to manage larger projects supporting regulatory testing.
- The ability to solder small case size components, 03201, to evaluation boards with use of a microscope.
- Requires a proven background working with RF products that operate from DC to 6 GHz (experience to 39GHz is desirable).
- A background and a working knowledge to operate and perform test set-ups using such equipment as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, pulse generators, noise figure meters, power supplies, power meters, and multi-meters.