Scope of Position: Carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved civil engineering techniques or procedures to create new or refined equipment, materials, processes or methods. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a lead in the technical direction over other less experienced engineers and provide direction, guidance and delegation of assignments.
- Assist with the marketing of the firm's capabilities to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients.
- Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Serve as technical specialist and liaison between clients and agencies; subcontractors, and design teams on complex project issues.
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of assigned projects.
- work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Perform field investigation or inspections.
- Conduct constructability reviews or assists in the design/plan/review of other civil engineering projects.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the land development industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with computer applications and design software.
- Familiarity with reading construction plans.
- Thorough understanding of business and financial principles in a consulting business.