- Provides software and hardware support for the Automation systems in the Technical Development and FVM areas, systems include DeltaV, Finesse reactors, Rockwell PLCs, GE Unicorn, OSI PI data historian
- Identifies projects to support continuous improvement of Automation systems supporting both Technical Development and Manufacturing areas
- Maintains training, develops goals and tracks progress
- Leads and manages small to medium engineering projects with little direction.
- Participate in multi-function teams to implement change and improve on existing processes
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or Computer Sciences with at least 6 years of related experience
- Biotechnology or batch pharmaceutical experience production experience preferred
- Experience in Biotechnology Manufacturing specific areas: Cell Culture, Chromatography, Centrifugation, CIP\SIP preferred
- Fluent with various other Automation systems including (DAS), Finesse Single Use Bioreactors, GE Unicorn, OSI PI data historian.
- Working knowledge of DeltaV distributed control system
- Experience with PLCs, Finesse Reactors, OSI PI data historian
- Extensive knowledge of cGMP and GAMP guidelines
The Automation Engineer III will maintain and troubleshoot all process control system hardware and software (DeltaV DCS, Rockwell PLC) in support of the Development and Production scale biopharmaceutical processes.