We are looking for a talented self-starting Engineer II/Senior Engineer to join our growing Consumables Engineering Team. A strong candidate will be a hands-on leader with sound technical knowledge, exceptional root cause analysis experience and strong process engineering skills. Prototyping and consumable design experience is highly desirable. This position will report to the Senior Director of Consumables Engineering and will have the opportunity to make a critical impact in many different aspects at Bionano Genomics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply Diverse technical knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of assignments.
- Plan and execute engineering assignments to completion.
- Design, prototype and evaluate fluidic based modules.
- Contribute to decision-making in all areas of projects including planning, quality, risk management, financial and marketing.
- Provide expertise and direction to third party design firms.
- Collect, organize, and evaluate consumable failure mode data to improve manufacturing yield of consumable products.
- Investigate root cause of excess manufacturing scrap and initiate corrective and preventative measures to address root cause.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Manage and drive timelines for feasibility testing activities as well as verification and validation activities.
- Leverage manufacturing process requirements in consumable design.
- Ensure work complies with safety and regulatory guidelines established at Bionano.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Experience and comfort with all phases of the product development life cycle including concept generation, design, prototyping, manufacturing, sustaining engineering and failure mode analysis.
- Problem solving methodology, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action process.
- Knowledge of fluidic dynamics and microfluidics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and high emotional IQ.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical or biomedical preferred); an advanced degree will offset some required experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in design and research of fluidic consumable devices.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with SolidWorks.