Omnicell has an opening for a Software Quality Engineer to join our Software Development Team located in Cranberry Township, PA. We are focused on making a difference in healthcare and developing solutions that will help shape the future of medication management. Our team thrives on the spirit of innovation and is dedicated to solving our customers' most pressing needs. We are looking for an enthusiastic software quality engineer to join our team who has a passion for quality products and are team players that work hard to help the team succeed.
As a Sustaining team member, you will be part of a highly motivated team of engineers focused on delivering product updates and new features across our product line throughout the world. Our solutions help to drive improved financial performance, compliance, and better patient outcomes. Each day you will make an impact.
- In-depth understanding of the testing life-cycle from functional requirements gathering to the design and execution of manual and automated tests using the Agile Scrum\Kanban methodologies.
- Works within the team to build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction
- Works with a scrum team on providing quality and value to our customers
- Works with the scrum team and Agile Product Owner to drive the creation of project stories with an awareness of the project goal
- Understands the drivers and requirements of the business and translates those into technology solutions
- Creates unit, functional, and integration testing environments
- Perform root cause analysis (replicate, debug) for moderate to complex features or issues
- Will be responsible to work with the development team members to analyze the code coverage and use this knowledge to enhance test scenarios/test coverage.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements automated test strategies
- Identifies high-risk test areas during design and development
- Designs and reviews test plans and test cases
- Executes functional, system, integration, and regression tests.
- Meets the definition of done and promotes quality practices in the team.
- Demonstrates a clear passion for Quality and Agile through constant self-directed learning.
- Recommends improvements to the software delivery cycle to help remove waste and impediments for the team
- Drives, promotes and measures team performance against the sprint and project goal.
- Works with the team to continuously improve in development quality practices and process
- Responsible for working on business critical products that operate 24/7/365 and are distributed nationwide to many clients
- Troubleshoots complex problems with existing or newly-developed software
- Mentoring and coaching of Software Quality Engineers
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong engineering competence, including the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with people at all levels of an organization
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques
- Strong organizational skills - Ability to organize, analyze and execute several concurrent tasks and activities
- Active participation in verification strategies, test planning process & test case design
- Ability to perform manual & automated tests to verify product functionality, analyze results and assess automation effectiveness
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering field of study
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: GUI testing; embedded testing; web application testing; Microsoft development and testing tools
- Experience with Test Process and Automation tools
- Experience in functional, integration, white and black box testing
- Preferred experience with the following technologies:
- Experience in Automated Testing Tools (e.g. QTP, Ranorex)
- Experience with Relational Databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with Unit Testing in .Net and C# development stacks
- Prior experience working in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams in delivering high-quality product(s).