We are looking for a Software Engineer who is independent, fast-learning, self-starter. You will participate in translating business objectives into technical solutions and there by building, delivering and maintaining the products.
You’ll be challenged to envision the technical aspects and solutions for the future landscape of globalizing the products. This role is a great opportunity to grow your technical skills and deliver highly impactful products that help millions of fans to experience live events.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Participate in development work across globally distributed software teams.
- Connect with a series of stakeholders to gather as much information as possible regarding the problem at hand (UX / Design / Product / PMO…etc.).
- Participate in building services and applications that powers the Ticketmaster site across all markets.
- Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests, logging and comments; Refactor code where needed.
- Resolve problems as they occur and have advanced troubleshooting techniques.
- Automate testing, deployments, performance, and recovery.
- Focus on building software, keeping in mind the main principles of performance, flexibility, and platform scalability.
- Maintain and adopt code standards, patterns and best practices through pairing and code reviews.
- Seek opportunities to try out new ideas and solutions.
- Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects.
- Monitor logs and identify issues.
- Passionate about designing, implementing and maintaining products
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Minimum 3+ years of Java development experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of Spring Boot / Spring Framework experience
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with web application
- Experience with recently popular JS frameworks (Ember, Angular, React) is a major plus
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems and public facing APIs
- Experience with an open source development environment using tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Git, GIT CI
- Solid understanding and experience with service oriented and micro-service architectures
- Experience with open-source libraries/frameworks, e.g. Hystrix, Ribbon, Vert.x, Eureka, etc.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming, data structures and algorithms
- Ability to troubleshoot, performance tune and understand java memory utilization in code produced
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience working in a dev-ops environment
- Experience in scripting languages i.e. PHP, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Experience in Agile & Lean Development Experience
- Experience in automated testing and behavior testing frameworks such as Cucumber, Nightwatch
- Public Cloud experience preferably in AWS
- You maintain or contribute to open-source software projects
- Autonomous and proactive
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Can consider multiple approaches and recommends the best technical direction including logic and reasoning
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Can solve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Maintain and fosters relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
- Passionate about technology, software development and transformation
- Desire to continually improve your own skills, and ability to transfer that to the skills of others