Who We Are:
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 18,500 people worldwide and reported 2017 net sales of $11 billion.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides technical support for the electrical project engineering function as directed.
Works with plants to model existing lines and convert line control programs to optimize production based on modelled experiments.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work environment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
- Conducts all of his/her work with communication and coordination involving appropriate engineering and plant organizations.
- Consults with engineering and manufacturing personnel to assure the use of appropriate and consistent technologies.
- Participates in audits and upgrades and recommends improvements to controls and processes.
- Maintains a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines and of the mechanical functions of equipment used in the plants.
- Maintains the professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains awareness and complies with all environmental management requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday) in the office, this job will include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday) when required for project completion; working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Works independently within parameters set by management.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
- Position Specifications:
- Coordinate with team involved in the project to include plant personnel trained as team members, Projects Engineering Staff, Contractors hired to support project.
- Provide technical support related to the project to include Technomatix software tools and revisions, RSLogix AOI developments and revisions, and advise team members and plant staff on implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Advise Manager or Team Lead on required resources to include training new team members and plants, hardware for modeling and simulation, and hardware for plant implementation.
- Maintain status and reporting, on project assigned to, to include keeping Company Portal up to date on the status of line implementations and documentation for weekly update meetings.
- Travel as required to support implementing project and plants that have implemented as assigned
- Converts CAD drawings of lines into simulation software representation.
- Originates, investigates, quantifies, and suggests improvements to electrical equipment, systems, and processes for the purpose of increased production, reduced cost, or improved maintainability using data from simulation modeling.
- Responsible for providing technical support to plants, licensees, joint ventures, and customers. Participates hands-on in modeling, investigations and testing changes of machine and conveying controls.
- Responsible for preparing models, experiments, and reports of conclusions for Engineering department and plant review.
- Experience in programming, development, and troubleshooting of programs in object oriented languages similar to C++ or C#. Siemens Technomatix SimTalk preferred.
- Experience in programming, development, and troubleshooting of programs in Structured Text language.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation RSLogix5000 and Studio5000 ladder logic and AOI development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Problem Solving. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum or noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through on the job training, technical school education or engineering degree.
- Job related experience for 2 years minimum preferred.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Ability to perform mathematical calculations. Ability to functionally use a computer.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills. Assists with the preparation of presentations.
- Listening. Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Integrity and Trust (Ethics and Values). Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Customer Focus. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
Ball Corporation offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, ESPP, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.