Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Engineering covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. Our highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
Threat Protection is a part of the Security Services Engineering team and is responsible for tools that protect the Bank from malicious attacks. Our focus is on the endpoints (servers and workstations), data loss protection, Cloud and network malware protection, etc. We are a dynamic team with many security projects on the go any time. You will be a key contributor to keeping TD safe.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
We are looking for someone armed with a strong tool-kit to develop and maintain technical solutions that adhere to engineering and architectural design principles while meeting business requirements. You’ll also provide technical expertise with a focus on efficiency, reliability, scalability, and security includes planning, evaluating, recommending, designing, operationalizing, and supporting solutions in compliance with enterprise and industry standards. At TD, we hope you’ll be inspired both by the work we do and the people who make it all happen.
Specifically we are looking for a DLP (Data Loss Protection) specialist who has hands on experience with the Symantec DLP tool set. Experience with other tools in the Threat Protection area (e.g.. Advanced Threat Protection, Cloud security, endpoint security) is required so you can be a full contributor to the team.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Apply your deep technology expertise to ensure that all areas across the organization that touch various technologies have the necessary tools, processes and documentation they need to operate effectively.
- Execute on TD Technology’s securityengineering strategy as it relates to the introduction of tools and the automation of build, test, release and configuration across application, platforms and infrastructure.
- Be a key part of designing, certifying, building, testing and implementing key new security tools and major changes to existing tools.
- Partner with Operations to automatically integrate with appropriate tools and processes as part of automated/self-serve application, platform or Infrastructure releases.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of relevant business needs and work with technology partners and TRMIS to identify and leverage synergies across the security areas.
- Draw on best practices and your knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve security products or services.
- Monitor and control costs associated with the work you do.
- Be prepared to collaborate with governance and control groups (e.g. regulatory and operational risk, compliance and audit), provide your subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineeringtechnology and tools.
- Develop and/or contribute to negotiations of third-party contracts/agreements.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- University or Post-Graduate Degree.
- Strong academic background (e.g., computer science, engineering).
- 7+ years relevant experience in securityengineering.
- CISSP certification.
- Expert knowledge of securityengineering frameworks, technology, tools, processes and procedures, as well as organizational issues .
- Expert knowledge of business/organization, its standards, applications, systems, networks, innovation, design activities, best practices.
- Expert knowledge and experience in security discipline; integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Appetite for contributing within a complex and critical environment to ensure the security of TD.
- Leadership prowess when it comes to teams or projects; shares expertise.
- Strong communications and collaboration skills.
- The ability to manage a busy workload and proactively move security projects and programs forward.
- The ability to know how to manage the challenges that may arise (escalate, communicate, etc.)
- Well-honed, in-depth skills and broad knowledge to address complex problems and non-standard situations.
- Ideally, an understanding of business cases preparation.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.