Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer II - Manufacturing
Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for Tactical RF aperture and electronic products in a high mix / low volume aerospace environment supporting our mission to help the warfighter on advanced technology platforms.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure design producibility. Refine, modify, or provide input into applications, processes, and designs as required to meet manufacturing and test requirements. Analyze statistical data, evaluate and implement improvements to meet contract/schedule/quality requirements.
- Provide hands-on support for product and process development.
- Assume ownership for manufacturing build schedules that meet program schedule milestones
- Actively participate in continuous improvement (Lean and 6-Sigma) projects including Kaisen events.
- Actively participate in our risk management process for Risk and Opportunities
- Work independently or in a team environment to resolve program issues using data-based root cause analysis; diligently apply effective corrective actions.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize information, job tasks, and manage time for most efficient and "best value" performance. Establishes personal objectives; sets expectations of self that are aligned with organizational and departmental goals
- Review drawings, procedures and engineering orders for completeness. Implement engineering changes and incorporate corrective action.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee manufacturing build instructions.
- Maintain and control hardware tooling in accordance with quality business system requirements; Design and / or communicate tool design needs to mechanical design engineering
- Contribute to and / or present technical data in support of technical exchange meetings, manufacturing / test readiness reviews, and program status reviews with program managers and customers.
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures and processes conform to Quality Business System and/or contract requirements for quality and performance.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Design engineering functions, Test engineering, Quality assurance, Supply Chain Management, process labs and outside suppliers. Maintains excellent rapport with internal / external customers.
- Understand and competently use in-house business systems including Product Data Management, Manufacturing Execution System, MRP, manufacturing shop floor control, and internal status reporting.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.