This OSS Automation Developer (Engineer II) position in Network Business Intelligence - Engineering Applications (NBI-Apps) will be working in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies to develop automation against Oracle’s Metasolv Solution (MSS). Projects are in support of data quality initiatives that will enable the Engineering arm of Windstream to function more efficiently and effectively. We are looking for an OSS Automation Developerresponsible for implementing the programmatic manipulation of Metasolv Solution’s underlying Oracle database based on manual, web-based requests supplied by engineers and automated requests created by custom data quality auditing software. Your primary focus will be development of all Oracle PL/SQL scripting and Python scripting necessary to implement various Metasolv Solution corrections. On top of the mandatory Oracle database development skills, experience with software development in Python is desirable.
• Development of Oracle PL/SQL and Python scripting to automate Oracle Metasolv Solution manipulations.
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Manage projects through to completion.
• Manage work through Agile tools/methodology, collaborative repositories, issue tracking platforms, and wikis.
• Strong Oracle SQL experience, DML/DDL (PL-SQL, T-SQL, etc) with a focus on Stored Procedure Package development and organization.
• Proficiency in Python
• Drive to succeed and improve personally to add value to the role, team, and company.
• Self-starter, relentlessly curious, resourceful, collaborative, and inventive.
• Good team player and communicator.
• Highly organized and meticulous.
• Positivity and the desire to solve problems in elegant and creative ways.
• Experience with Oracle’s Metasolv Solution (MSS)
• Networking understanding.
• Experience and/or familiarity with various functional areas pertaining to telecommunications networks.
o Circuit design
o Traffic engineering
o Network system design
o Equipment planning
o IP/Transport/Access planning/engineering
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
• Ensuring the quality of applications through unit testing.
• Experience with use of and/or development against some or all of the following platforms.
• MS Visio(or comparable).
• Agile Planning understanding.
• Experience working with large, disparate data sets.
Good understanding of telecommunications industry; good knowledge of one or more engineering disciplines and vendor equipment. Good knowledge of accepted engineering practices. Computer software knowledge to include Microsoft Office, Custom Planning Tools and Databases. Good analytical skills; the ability to prioritize projects; good oral and written communication skills; and good interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience:
College degree and 2-4 years related experience or 6 + years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experiencerequired.DesiredQualifications: Ability to stay current with the economical and technological developments in the industry.