Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Reports To: West Team Leader, Field Service
Group/Division: SDG / IDD
Career Band: 5
Job Family: Field Services / FSEN
Job Profile FLS.FSEN.P05
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Remote, Los Angeles, CA
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
Become part of a Service Organization to execute on a support/service strategy that revolves around providing an exceptional customer experience through technical expertise, teamwork, and meeting all our customer's needs. This position will focus on the holistic care of instrumentation within the in-vitro diagnostics space aiding in the diagnosis of allergy and autoimmune diseases. The successful candidate will complete service on highly complex and integrated systems within hospitals and commercial reference laboratories.
- Complete troubleshooting and instrument repairs to meet key KPI metrics
- Manage territory preventative maintenance schedules and ensure on time completion
- Perform instrument installation according to documented process and checklists
- Manage travel, business expenses, and assigned spare parts inventories
- Ensure complete and compliant documentation of any and all service actions performed on instrumentation or equipment within Service System Software (ServiceMax) according to SOPs
- Assist fellow Field Service Engineers with more complex service activities
- Provide coverage assistance in team member's territories in their absence or when multiple calls/visits are required
- Provide onsite service training or assistance to Biomedical Engineering Technicians (BMET) or advanced operators
- Associates Degree or 3-4 years equivalent work experience
- Work experience in Field Service or a related field is a plus.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to interface with customers in a positive, patient, and professional manner.
- Strong competency in electrical/electronics, mechanics, software and chemistry technology.
- Must be computer literate, an analytical thinker with good engineering aptitude.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and operate remotely from the main office with minimum supervision.
- A Bias for Action - takes on opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Customer First - build strong relationships, delivering an excellent customer experience, and always keeping the customer our 1st priority.
- Plans and aligns work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds, push and pull equipment, and carry up to 50 pounds a distance of 100 feet
- Must be able to stand, bend, and/or kneel for up to two hours at a time
- Some exposure to biohazards is a possibility during instrument service activities, as these instruments are used in biohazard environments and come in contact with human bodily fluids. Biohazard training, safety equipment and following SOPs will minimize the exposure.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with the ability to drive a vehicle for up to 4-5 hours at a time and be comfortable with commercial air travel.
- Maintain Vendor Credentialing for access to customer location and instrumentation which may require certain vaccinations and/or medical screening be kept up to date.
- Overtime and last minute schedule changes may occur to ensure timely instrument repair and customer satisfaction
- Ability to travel up to 85% (overnight), often in less than 1 days' notice via automobile or airplane.
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
Locations: This position is remote, located in Los Angeles, CA
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.