Bio-Rad’s Digital Biology Group is a multidisciplinary team developing products using our Droplet DigitalTM technology that are having a large impact in both research and healthcare.
Every day, scientists and clinicians around the world use our ddPCRTM and ddSEQTM NGS sample prep systems to make new discoveries, and are revolutionizing clinical decisions with break-through liquid biopsy applications. We’re looking for an Engineer II (Embedded Software Engineer) to join our team.
- Design and develop multitasking real-time embedded applications in C++.
- Develop using Test Driven Design.
- Design Python code to verify embedded software.
- Design Python code to support technology development.
- Work closely with the software, EE, and signal processing teams.
- Collaborate on embedded designs in a small team environment.
- Sustain products over their lifetimes.
- Present data and designs to colleagues.
- Meet agreed-to schedules and deliverables.
- Work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, product-focused environment.
- Develop systems using ARM Cortex-M3/M4 and CAN bus.
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or science.
- 2+ years’ experience designing embedded systems including 1+ shipping products.
- Experience designing object-oriented software in any language.
- Experience with at least one real-time operating system.
- Experience with and an understanding of real-time issues.
- Willingness to learn and code tools in Python.
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, current probes etc.
Requisition ID 2017-5570