Under the general direction of Engineering Management (M&M), responsible for all electronic aspects of product life-cycle engineering for precision measurement and instrument sub-system, system, and devices, primarily based on, but not limited to eddy-current/inductive technology, including complex and/or innovative engineering assignments for the design, analysis, and troubleshooting of company products and/or components.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for full continuum life-cycle engineering for all electrical/electronic related aspects, from simple through complex, for analog and digital devices, sub-systems, and systems for business segment products: hands-on design conceptualization, detailed design and development, validation, trouble-shooting and problem-solving manufacturing support.
- Define component requirements and functional specification for circuit prototypes. Create design layout with appropriate analysis and validation to support engineering design recommendation and performance specification. Follow the product development process to provide released product design and documentation package, enabling manufacturing, test and validation, and shipment. Maintain records, data and other pertinent information.
- Examine concepts and product designs, basic through complex, for customer application suitability, and provide recommendations, including design and implementation of standard and non-standard systems into unique customer applications.
- Create, validate and verify simple through complex designs from customer requirements or internal product requirements using a variety of engineering techniques and methods.
- Define, evaluate, select digital and analog components, design printed circuit board layouts, and perform electronic systems analyses using commercial analytical software.
- Design new digitalcircuits and analogcircuits using ORCAD/PSPICE schematic capture from basic system requirements using sequential and combinatorial logic or Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic devices
- Collaborate with project teams, providing input to the overall design. Coordinate, lead and participate in formal design reviews.
- Define, lead and participate in testing, including field/customer, discovery, validation and qualification, and product acceptance tests.
- Prepare and present papers and reports to external customers, and internal customers including management. Publish technical papers and reports, including to industry relevant journals, magazines, conferences.
- Develop and prepare new product justification and new business proposals, including directing personnel to accomplish the goals.
- Apply principles and techniques of engineering to accomplish goals. Perform mathematical analyses to support work assignments.
- Establish, maintain, and foster effective communication and collaboration with the internal team, customers, and suppliers. Interact effectively with all levels of the organization to achieve goals and commitments. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Identify problem areas and issues; recommend solution and/or demonstrate initiative to complete corrective action, as required.
- Act as technical coach for lower-level engineers and technicians within the organization, including manufacturing and operations.
- Research a variety of technical information and historical background data as required.
- Participate in defining projects, and has responsibility for leading preparation of product and project plans, including business justification. . Achieve technical, budget, and schedule goals on engineering tasks and projects. Support Project Leader as subject-matter expert contributor and to apply individual initiative with hands-on expertise to execute assignments
- Ability to obtain/attain security clearance. Available to travel, as required. Maintain records, data and other pertinent information, submitting as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering.
- Master’s preferred. Broad knowledge Electrical Engineering.
- Ability to implement engineering designs from concept to final hardware. Working knowledge of MS office suite, including MS Project, ORCAD/PSPICE or Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic devices.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures.
- 5 - 7 years related experiencerequired.
Requisition # 7561