We are looking for a high caliber Engineer II-ECAD to help support our team. This person will function under limited supervision is to interface and supportelectrical engineering teams by managing and maintaining the ECAD component library and collateral documentation release, directly support the ECAD change process by implementing revision updates to existing rigid and/or flex circuit PCB designs, and by developing, managing, and maintaining ECAD data management systems and processes.
Manage and maintain ECAD library database:
- Work closely with electrical engineers to create, modify, and/or verify schematic symbols, PCB component footprints, and 3D component models.
- Process ECAD Library requests for new parts and analyze/modify existing library parts for improved readability of the schematic or manufacturability of the component footprint.
- Verify and validate schematic symbols and physical footprints for components created by electrical engineers for accuracy and compliance with Abbott standards.
- Define and document optimized procedures and workflows for use of ECAD library and manage updates.
- Develop content and deliver training seminars specific to ECAD library procedures and workflow.
- Maintenance and management to address component duplication and component obsolescence within the ECAD library.
- Process ECAD engineering change requests by implementing redline markup changes to schematic and PCB designs, updating all applicable documents to current Abbott standards.
- Provides ECAD design/development teams with appropriate resources to perform assigned tasks.
- Provides technical assistance support to address ECAD design and manufacturing quality problems.
- Generate and manage Altium project templates to be used by engineering for new and existing ECAD designs.
- Assist with user support of the ECAD tools, procedures, workflows, and change process.
- Adhere to and apply current industry standards to ECAD files and corresponding documents.
- Collaborate with engineering to develop, manage, and maintain ECAD data management systems.
- Contributes to business unit and divisional ECAD data management strategy planning.
- Reviews and provides functional approval for ECAD change orders and collateral Quality System documentation.
- Maintain ECAD files and corresponding documents in all existing data management systems.
- Ensure requirements of the Quality System and Product Development Process are followed as necessary.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- 4 yeardegree in a technical field, preferably engineering or management.
- 6+ years related experience, preferably in a medical device environment.
- Experience as ECAD librarian or PCB designer including component creation and library. management using Altium Designer and Altium Vault preferred or equivalent ECAD applications.
- Experience using PLM and PDM systems for documentation control, Windchill preferred.
- Expertise in researching and interpreting manufacturing data sheets to extract information to generate symbols and footprints.
- Experience with high pin count, fine pitch parts (.35mm) HDI connectors, FPGA, BGA’s.
- Experience with a variety of PCB manufacturing processes and designing for manufacturability required.
- Proficiency using personal computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to lead small teams and work within large multi-discipline teams as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal presentation and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, planning, follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.