The Digital Electronic Design Engineer II assists with designing, developing, and testing of digital electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for digital audio products.
- Assists with the design, development, modifications, and evaluations of digital electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for digital electronic equipment and other hardware systems
- Assists with the design, simulation, and development of wireless digital communication systems and/or sub-systems for both processors and FPGAs
- Assists with detailed design tasks including part selection and evaluation, timing analysis, signal integrity analysis, HDL Coding and verification testing.
- Creates, models, and simulates various designs via tools such as Matlab/Simulink, Modelsim, Hyperlynx, and Spice
- Assists in determining design approaches and parameters
- Work as part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement audio products and technologies
- Provides supporting design documentation, including design specifications, tuning procedures, experimental results, design options, tradeoffs, and reasoning for the final design choice.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Completes documentation and procedure for installation and maintenance
- Review vendor capability to support product development
- Supports senior-level engineers on project teams
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital communications systems and associated technologies such as source coding, compression, scrambling, error correction and encryption, and modulation algorithms, and learns to use professional concepts and continues developing professional expertise.
- Development experience using C++
- Knowledge of A/D, D/A, LCD, UART, and MCU peripherals
- Understanding of software version control and release, as well as Object Oriented Design and Analysis in C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Able to use professional concepts and apply company policies/procedures to work onproblems/issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Share on your newsfeed