ZF is a global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology. ZF has a global workforce of approximately 138,300 at 230 locations in 40 countries. Working at ZF is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to imagine and create global mobility for tomorrow – and beyond.
- Lead the CAD Design and Product Engineering efforts to integrate ZF TRW Steering Gears and Pumps into new customer applications.
- Develop CAD 3D concepts and “hand over” packages for the CAD department.
- Assist various departments such as Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing to support production of existing Steering Gears and Pumps.
- Develop performance, durability, and environmental validation test plans. Oversee and manage test activities and write test reports to communicate results both internally and with customers.
- Develop new and maintain current DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects and Analysis). Lead internal team and customer DFMEA reviews.
- Work with Quality Engineers and CAD Designers to establish component level and assembly level GD&T requirements. Both linear and statistical methodologies need to be understood and applied.
- Manage customer prototypes from the receipt of orders through shipment. Coordination includes the procurement of all material, scheduling builds, and ensuring timely shipments to meet delivery requirements.
- Actively generate and pursue cost reduction ideas along with assisting their implementation into production.
- Assist the Warranty Department with evaluating returns and implementing improvements.
- Follow and ensure adherence to ZF TRW’s GDPIM (Global Development and Product Introduction Management) process.
- Employ root cause analysis techniques to investigate and address component failures and implement improvements as necessary.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering Experience and Skill Requirements ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience working in Product Engineering or related environment.
- Skilled in CAD with the ability to create 3D concept designs and provide “hand over” packages to the CAD department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the desire to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to self manage the day to day activities required to complete necessary tasks.
- Availability to travel to customer, supplier, and other TRW sites as required by project needs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal training and experience in DFMEA, DVP&R, and GD&T.
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt with the understanding of the fundaments of designing for Six Sigma.
- Knowledge and practical use of Minitab (DOE, Capability, Normality, T-Tests, Test Plans etc).
- Knowledge and practical use of MathCAD.
- Knowledge and practical use of ANSYS.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V