Senior Enterprise Enrollment Java/DB Engineer will work within an Agile Environment with other Senior Engineers working on complex features using innovative techniques ensuring very high quality code through automation. He/She will be responsible for implementing and influencing industry best practices and standards and also executing/influencing Enterprise Architecture initiatives.
- As a key member of a very talented Scrum Team - deliver large complex features on the Enrollment platform.
- Work within a large global engineering organization, collaborating and influencing engineers to deliver quality with automation.
- Refactoring of the code base to improve the quality ensuring scalability, extensibility, supportability, maintainability and testability.
- Refactoring of any Technical Debt
- Implementation of complex strategic product initiatives driven by the market.
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience with expertise solving complex problems akin to those on large enterprise SAAS platforms using Java.
- Demonstrate success delivering significant code refactoring programs.
- Proven ability building micro services
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Proven database skills coding complex sql.
- Evidence of a deep understanding of the java technologies and patterns commonly used when engineering large SAAS enterprise systems.
- Proven experience working with Large Global Engineering Teams
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Learner not just a knower.
A Bachelor’s Degree required, Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred or equivalent experience
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability. It is Benefitfocus’ policy to encourage diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment for all Benefitfocus Associates and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. Benefitfocus is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.