Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is among the world's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
Corrpro is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Corrosion Engineer to join the Engineering Team in Houston.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Corrosion Engineer plans and performs more complex engineering duties supporting assigned project. Reviews preliminary data discusses objectives and expectations and suggests appropriate engineering methods and procedures. Prepares engineering designs and reports as required.
- Plan and schedule activities for efficient utilizations of resources
- Establish crews and assign work based on complexity of tasks and individual capacities
- Provide technical supervision and technical assistance to other divisions within the company
- Monitor progress of project activities
- Coordinate engineering aspects of installation process
- Review and edit engineering reports; consult field staff regarding revisions in analysis or modifications of system designs as appropriate
- Supervise and/or perform tests required to determine condition of soil, water, underground or submerged structures
- Direct the preparation of field drawings; determine design modifications required by unanticipated structural features, etc.
- Supervise and participate in post installation survey
- Coordinate interference testing and bonding required with client and affected companies
- Prepare information for billing at periodic stages or project completion
- Prepare final client report
- Ensure proper application of methods and procedures, modify as appropriate
- Review charts, tables, calculations and related data gathered
- Perform economic evaluations of alternative methods of cathodic protection and corrosion control
- May supervise other divisions within the company, such as construction crews
- Assist superior in appraising employee performance and related matters
- Act as direct interface with customer when required
- Assist in cost estimation and detailed proposal development
- Correspond and verbally communicate in a professional manner with customers
- Represent Corrpro in a professional manner, with a high degree of respect for all existing and potential customers
- Other duties as assigned
- BS. in Engineering or related degree, required
- EIT, preferred
- NACE level III certification, preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years professional experience
- Required Operator qualifications
- Must have strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to draft reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or groups (management, clients, customers, general public) and respond to questions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower, to be a strong communicator able to take initiative and function independently.
- Must be capable of making people management decisions and comfortable in a management position.
- Strong team and internal customer service skills are a must.
- Incumbent must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.