Engineer I, Ride & Show - Audio, Video, Lighting, Surveillance
Universal Orlando Resort® is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be ‘doing a job.’ You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
JOB SUMMARY: Performs basic activities related to Audio, Video, Lighting, Surveillance (AVLS) networks and communications strategy, including security, designs, communications infrastructure implementation, acceptance testing and continual auditing of the Ride and Show attractions and standard networks related to audio, video, surveillance, and lighting networks. This position includes all related network and control system security, troubleshooting, fault analysis, test and start-up integration of AVLS Ride and Show networks systems. This individual will support the maintenance of the Ride and Show AVLS networks, related IT systems and communications infrastructures. This position is on call 24/7 on a rotational basis to facilitate AVLS maintenance support.
- Development and management of Type-2 AVLS network, reaction and monitoring systems for new and existing park attractions, under guidance of engineering. Development and integration of Attraction Operations Center for attraction data aggregation and monitoring, under guidance of engineering. Design of 3-tier and ISA-99 defense-in-depth network models to enforce security and increase network segregation and security among ride show AVLS networks, under guidance of engineering and IT department specifications. Execute attraction systems data compilation and mining while adhering to safety and design strategies, including support systems such as Access Control and Building Management.
- Design and execute acceptance testing strategies including regular auditing of existing AVLS networks for predictive maintenance purposes. Perform periodic AVLS network performance and capacity analysis to ensure ride sustainability, and develop / implement a capacity planning strategy to predict if and when networkinfrastructureinvestment will be required. Design and maintenance of co-existing wired and wireless networks related to AVLS systems, under guidance of engineering and IT specifications. Where required, work with the park IT group to ensure successful partnering and uptime requirements for both wired and wireless networks. Implement and support the next generation of shared services for ride show AVLS networking.
- Participate in attraction AVLS architecturerenovations and updates to take advantage of new technology and safety / security techniques as applicable to AVLS networks. Understand hardware and firmware currently in use and ensure updates as appropriate for upgraded and obsolete equipment. Ensure that change modification tracking is implemented and reviewed. Remain abreast of latest technology regarding hardware, software and security tools.
- Provide design and maintenance support for all attractions at Universal Orlando as required including training of tech services personnel. Maintain configuration management of hardware and software documentation in accordance with Engineering’s guidelines for proper archiving and security. Ensure proper access, accountability, and processes are in place for appropriate maintenance, support, testing, and design of AVLS networks in new and existing attractions.
- Ensure Engineering & Tech Services PCs integrate with various tools and programs that are required with technology in the field.
SCOPE: Responsible for performing basic activities related to the continued supervision, design, development, implementation, acceptance tests and maintenance related to networking, IT infrastructure and communications security for all Ride & Show AVLS systems for increased reliability and operational improvements resort wide.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in Networking, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field required.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years of experience with: IT networking, industrial control systems and their communications networks, large network integration with multiple levels of safety and security requirements. 3+ years of experience with: IDS and IPS testing strategies, policies, systems, techniques, and models, software development rules, life cycles, change control, acceptance testing cycles and methodologies. 3+ years of experience with: IT systems / servers administration and support, Active Directory, RADIUS authentication, 802.1X, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, server virtualization, VMWare. 1+ years of experience with: Wireless networks design, configuration and support, wireless site survey, RF interference troubleshooting. 1+ years of experience with: supervising / managing network cabling infrastructure projects.
- Cisco routers, switches, catalyst series, embedded WLCs, IOS, IOS-XE.
- Cisco wireless access points and controllers, AireOS 7.x/8.x.
- L2 switching, L3 routing, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF-Lite, STP, VLANs.
- Network security, access lists, SSH, SCP, IPSec, digital certificates, PKI.
- Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office, Visio, SQL, etc.
- VMWare, Firewalls, Unix/Linux, UCS / Dell servers, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime.
- Experience with PLC and automated control systems.
- Experience with safety control systems.
- Experience with Common Industrial Protocol (CIP).
- Experience with Ethernet Industrial Protocol (Ethernet/IP).
- Knowledge of control system specifications and acceptance test procedures.
- Experience in Ride and Show control systems in the theme park industry.
- Experience in Audio, Video and Lighting in the entertainment industry.
- Knowledgeable in ASTM and F24 standards, as well as ISA-99.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Preferred (any combination of) certifications:
- Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist
- Cisco Industrial CCNA, CCNP Routing, CCNA / CCNP Wireless
- Vendor-agnostic wireless certification CWNA, CWSP
- Comp-TIA A+, CASP
- Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- VMWare VCP5-DCV, VCP-NV
- Industrial Cyber Security GICSP and GCCC, ISC2 CISSP
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Indirect supervision of Ride & Show technicians on a project by project, or fault analysis/isolation assistance basis. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.