The successful candidate will be responsible for the support and management of applications used to provide Monitoring, Event Notification and Workflow Automation for IT Infrastructure that support our customers and Lines of Business (LOB); Be a subject matter expert in their field and have the ability to troubleshoot complex issues; Be able to work under pressure and meet team deadlines; mentor to less experienced team members; Have the technical acumen to be creative in their approach to problem solving.
- You are a hardworking, competitive type that is driven to succeed.
- Self-starter with a reputation for being an effective change agent.
- Must demonstrate a passion for customer service and a desire to provide the highest level of support to Customers.
- Must have the ability to lead and direct vendors to assist them in their efforts.
- Ability to interact and influence change within the team that you’re working in.
- Ownership and support for OSS Applications and Tools used by Sungard AS’s internal and external customers. This includes Tier 3 Support of incident resolution, maintaining proper application health, as well as Change and Patch Management.
- Deploy new products and features to production.
- Implement Complex Production Changes
- Manage Certifying New Platforms for Support.
- Coordinate with the other Operations and Development Teams as necessary to resolve outages.
- Take part in projects to scale the application or provide automation as needed.
- Provide Operations Support for our Development and QA Environments.
- Assemble and update documentation when new work instruction is required, changes are made to the application, or changes are made to the architecture.
- Support and provisioning of Custom Configurations relating to Alarms and Exceptions, Device Discovery, Custom Group Creation and SchedulingReports.
- Assist supervisor/manager in training Sungard AS user community on the proper use of the application.
- Mentoring less experienced engineering personnel and assisting in the development of their technical skills.
- Bachelors of Science is preferred or equivalent work related experience with a minimum of H.S Diploma
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in a Linux Systems Administration role in a LAMP type environment.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience administering SNMP Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) in a large scale production environment.
- Intermediate level understanding of Network Management Protocols and tools (SNMP, WMI, and syslog)
- Working knowledge in activating, provisioning, and troubleshooting Zenoss
- Working knowledge of ScriptingLanguages (Python, Perl, and Bash)
- Strong systems troubleshooting skills are required.
- Basic networktroubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure through all layers of the OSI model.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral) are required.
- Strong time management and organizational skill are required.
- Must have the ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commitment to resolve technical issues in a 24x7 SLA-bound operating environment
- Sungard Availability Services offers a high growth environment with excellent compensation and immediate eligibility for our 401(k), health/dental insurance, educational assistance, and more. Sungard AS is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.