$80K — $100K *
Cyber Security Engineer have a detailed understanding of cyber security methodologies in use in the field. Cyber Security Engineers are expected to have a meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines. A Cyber Security Engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures including Servers, Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability scans and Security Audits. They will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintain the client’s security and networking devices and upgrade when necessary
· Providing support for other SOC engineers and analysts on Palo Alto equipment/software
· Assist in threat detection activities across teams
· Cross train in-house to share knowledge and share workload
· Provide pre-sales support on client projects. This includes documentation designed and installation rollouts
· Provide support to project managers on security/network deployments
· Suggest and detail design changes as and when needed
· Documentation for the customers installations and provide continue service advice
· Pro-actively review and maintain client infrastructure
· Responding to emergency situations and performing effective troubleshooting during production outages
· Identify opportunities for automation and prioritize their implementation
· Participating in the change management process.
· Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
· Daily administrative tasks, reporting and communication with the relevant departments in the organization.
· Develop best practices for IT security.
· Work with other technology teams and customers to perform tests and uncover network or other vulnerabilities.
· May be relied upon as a technical point of contact during Escalated Events relating to security
· Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Handle escalated internal or customer security issues from support or other operations team.
· Takes part in any security oriented projects or critical initiatives.
· Stay up-to-date on information technology & security news, trends and standards.
· Deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
· Other duties as identified or assigned.
· Working remotely or onsite as per business requirements
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSA or higher) certification preferred.
Knowledge of protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, SPT, TRUNKS, VLANs, Port-Channel, Static routing
Networking topologies and protocols. Examples being MPLS, VRF, SIP, Traffic Shaping / QoS
Palo Alto Command line
· Must have a good networking background and understanding
· A high level of Palo Alto expertise in design, configuration, migrations, tuning and customization of features
· Experience in configuration and administration of Palo Alto security features such as Panorama, security policies, WildFire, URL filtering, APP-ID, User-ID, Threat prevention, Site-site VPN, Global protect and SSL decryption.
· Familiarity with Data Center environment and hosted deployments/cloud
· Experience of supporting clients remotely and face to face, along with experience of working with SIP providers
· Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
· Must be flexible to work outside of business hours as per business requirements.
· Needs to be able to remain calm under pressure and ensure a logical thought process is maintained.
· Experience of the Python programming language
· Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Command of network management principles.
· Experience in systems administration of Windows and Linux based operating systems.
· Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, C++, Java, Ruby, bash, Power Shell etc.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
· Great awareness of cyber security trends and hacking techniques.
· Ability to learn and communicate technical information to non-technical people.
· Excellent written & oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
Valid through: 10/5/2020