$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Houston, TX 77002
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
11 - 15 years
Posted 58 days ago
The Gate valve engineering role is intended for a highly technical and experienced engineer. This engineer is very experienced with gate valve applications and designs including engineered to order and custom special valves that are found from our most complex customer applications. As a recognized technical leader in the industry, this engineer advances the functionality, reliability and cost-effectiveness of Flowserve valve products including aftermarket solutions in a way that improves Flowserve's competitiveness in the marketplace. This will also be in alignment with our strategic imperatives. This Engineer works with other senior engineers that are experts on their respective product lines. This engineer will support the engineered valve factories across the business with a focus on the Sulphur Springs Texas factory. The engineer will also work with our design center in Bangalore India and manufacturing center in MM Nagar India. He/She works with our sales team to present our technical expertise to our customers and gain the confidence of our customers to win orders and be recognized as a solution provider for complex and/or special applications. He/She should be willing to transfer their knowledge throughout the local and global engineering teams to improve the performance of these teams. At times it will be required to work directly with the engineering teams in creating designs, drawings, BOM's and completing analysis. He/She will also oversee and support the assembly and testing of complex products during the production, testing and validation process. A Principle Engineer serves as a constant advocate for the safety of our products and processes, best practices for improving the effectiveness of our internal engineering and R&D processes, and a custodian for the long-term development of technical talent within our Engineering and R&D workforce.
Nature and Scope:
This engineer typically is in our Houston office he/she will report directly to the Engineering Manager. He/She will be required to work at a more detailed level when required. He/She will spend time supporting the sales team and assist when called upon to visit customer sites to win new orders or support complex product when it is installed in the field. This engineer will have a working relationship with each plant and engineering manager at each site to oversee and ensure the engineering teams are qualified and able to produce special valves designs, drawings and BOM including the production, assembly and testing required to validate. Similarly, they will also have a good working relationship with our commercial operations team leaders to help support the quotation efforts on special high pressure and complex valve projects to make sure our products are sized and specified correctly.
· Technical leader for Gate valves in the Sulphur Springs factory with a focus on fabricated Slab Gate and Compact Expanding focusing on the requirement for North America Market.
· Ensure product safety through proper review/design and worksite safety through championing FLS policies and procedures
· Provide excellent responsive and customer-centric support to both internal and external customers. Establish communication and collaboration as the standard for FLS
· Support the capture and documentation of engineering/R&D best practices and know-how - for both products and processes - to ensure that knowledge can be transferred effectively throughout the organization and that other associates are able to benefit from the collective wisdom embodied within the technical community
· Collaborate with Product Management to identify existing or anticipated technology gaps in our product or services portfolio and then act as lead investigator in researching new or alternative technologies to meet the defined needs in alignment with Flowserve market imperatives.
· Work with the other valve experts in the Flowserve business in the technical aspects of products or applications.
· Advance Flowserve's technical standing in the marketplace.
· Serve as a technical mentor and trainer to facilitate effective knowledge transfer in area of expertise to targeted technical staff in Sulphur Springs factory and sales and quotation teams. Advance Flowserve's technical capabilities and sustain our long-term competency in these areas.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13