Engineer, Financial Capacity Strategy (System Architecture)
T-Mobile has delivered unique value to the wireless industry through its transformative Un‑carrier journey. We unleash benefits to T-Mobile subscribers in a continuous and relentless evolution of our network and services that requires innovation and cross-functional skills. Financial Capacity Strategy is looking for a highly motivated engineer to contribute to this evolution.
The Engineer, Financial Capacity Strategy will conduct Monetary Analysis of the End‑to‑End Capacity investments in the T-Mobile network and well as the Strategic Initiatives to increase their business value. The engineer will prime the cooperation between National Capacity Strategy (NCS) and the Financial Planning and Analysis (FPNA) teams, including official budget updates, and strategic corporate initiatives. The engineer will interact with Marketing teams for Unit Cost analysis and pricing initiatives.
The responsibilities include overseeing the cooperation with Marketing teams for joint analysis on customer behavior and Capacity opportunities for both new and existing services. The position will collaborate extensively with the National Capacity Strategy teams, namely RAN, Core and IP and develop and report progress on plans for financial return improvements and related special projects.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in Finance, Corporate Strategy, Customer Focus, behavioral economics, change and innovation and strategic thinking. Soft skills required include: relationship building and influencing, talent management, result-focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
- Capacity Liaison with Finance & Marketing: the engineer will prime Capital budget submissions and related Demand and Supply forecasts and ensure complete alignment and joint optimization with the FPNA team through active and engaged collaboration. This includes identifying opportunities and risks within the financial cycles, and joint development of Agile modifications as required by the regular course of business. The engineer will also collaborate with NCS peers and marketing groups for Unit Cost and pricing initiatives.
- Capacity Business Strategy Development: leveraging the vertical (end-to-end network) and horizontal (technology, finance, strategy) diversity of NCS, the engineer will devise horizontal integrations of Business Strategy to deliver untapped value through value aggregation and economies of scope. This includes the optimization of the substantial Capacity Budget as well as the proposals of new business initiatives in collaboration with Marketing, Finance, Corporate Strategy and internal technology teams across the entire vertical technology stack.
- Hybrid Products: in a rapid changing telecom environment, the position will work on innovative studies of customer behavior and telecom use habits to ensure the T-Mobile network is delivering the greatest value to our customers, fully aligned with our Un-carrier mission. In addition to established mobile offerings, the position will focus on emerging IoT, Fixed Wireless and IP TV products and services that span beyond traditional network boundaries. The engineer will define the NCS input assumptions to business cases in accordance to the NCS Strategic Framework, leveraging Network, Customer and Competitive Insights
- Agile Process Transformations & Internal Consulting: using Agile and DevOps principles, the engineer work on the transformation of product and service offerings and introductions. This includes novel value propositions from previously intangible benefits empowered by new technologies such as Software Defined Networks, IoT and Big Data.
The experience you'll bring.
- 2 years of experience within the wireless industry or equivalent fields
- Experience in Financial Analysis and Modelling and Budget management, including calculations of NPV, WACC, depreciation, annuities and quantification models of customer-affecting initiatives
- Corporate Strategy, Management Consulting or equivalent experience are an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong relationship building
- Skilled in applying strategic architecture direction to project delivery using standard engagement methods
- Skilled in business domain modeling, logical data modeling and physical relational data modeling/design
- Skilled in data analysis and facilitation, i.e., able to produce data designs using a variety of inputs such as requirements analysis, SME interviews, business process and data flow analysis, data profiling, etc.
- Experience with information architecture components such as data warehousing, data quality, business intelligence, metadata management, content management, Big Data/NoSQL, SOA, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent Finance or Economics Experience is an asset
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.