Everlane is looking for a highly-driven software engineer to join its fast-growing technology team. We are taking on increasingly complex challenges as a company reimagining the apparel industry and setting a higher standard of transparency.
We are a particular bunch of diverse backgrounds and skillsets. We value personal growth, get excited about a variety of topics, seek first to understand then to be understood, and may or may not get lost in frequent Wikipedia, StackOverflow, and YouTube rabbit holes. Most of all, we are excited to make the best products possible.
As a software engineer at Everlane, you will be integrated into a close and collaborative effort between engineers, product managers, designers, and stakeholders building the tools and user experiences critical to the success of the company.
You will hit the ground running, learning on the job everything necessary to make a significant and lasting impact on the team. You'll be opening pull requests on your first day and shipping to production in your first week.
We work on a wide variety of internal- and customer-facing products. You can be optimizing inventory flow through our stores one week, and perfecting a product launch experience the next. Some of the projects we’re working on include:
- Automating our apparel design and production pipeline tosupport thousands of styles and the next tenyears of scale.- Architecting our datainfrastructure that serves as the information backbone for all majorbusiness decisions.
- Bringing a brand new shoppingexperience to life, bridging physicalretail with our online platform(we just opened our second store, with more to come).- Continuing to deliver Everlane’s clean, innovative, and custom-built online shoppingexperienceto millions of customers.
- Build clean, efficient, effective technical solutions for our most pressing business challenges
- Interface with product managers and designers on a daily basis to ensure projects are on time and successful in their delivery
- Through technology, support every team in the company — customer experience, data, apparel production, and creative, to name a few
- Be the technical voice of reason in meetings with business stakeholders
- Operate calmly to deliver complex features under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to balance idealistic technical options with practical business considerations
- Intellectually curious, always looking for the best tool for the job, never satisfied with“that’s how we’ve always done it”
- Eager to make a difference, patient enough to wait for code review
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers and designers
- Working familiarity with any web development stack
- Experience with Heroku, Amazon Web Services, or similar cloud infrastructure services
- Experience building consumer-facing products at scale