EMBEDDED SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
This opening is in the department responsible for testing and analysis on all Raymond Forklifts. The successful candidate creates innovative solutions for basic to complex vehicle systems utilizing traditional software engineering techniques such as design, development, implementation, maintenance, test, and evaluation. The successful candidate will be the software test point of contact for multiple projects and must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving and dynamic environment. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity to complete projects. May have project management responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects.
- Participates in the integration and regression testing of embedded software and system functionality.
- Creates test plans, templates, and strategies for multiple test flows – unit tests, functional tests, and hardware in/out of loop tests and ensures test results are documented and submitted.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within area(s) of specialization.
- Keeps manager informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status.
Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, computer science, or similar, with at least three years of experience validating embedded control systems. The successful candidate will possess a diverse skillset including Programming (C/C++), Scripting (Python), and Linux kernel/device driver programming. We are looking for someone with proven knowledge and expertise with embedded systems, communication protocols (e.g. CAN, I2C, SPI, etc.), and validation techniques.
Selected individual must be able to:
- Plan, organize, and carry out technical activities with strong attention to detail
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Present technical material to technically diverse audiences
Work effectively in both independent or group settings
Experience in these areas is desired:
- National Instruments LabVIEW, VeriStand, TestStand
Vector CAN Tools, XCP, etc.
Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing
dSpace AutomationDesk and ControlDesk
Req Code 12431