This position is responsible for the research, development, and application of software as it relates to new and existing products. As required, this position may encompass the following steps of the product life cycle: specification, design, implementation, testing, release, and manufacturing support.
- Work with Product Management and other engineering disciplines in the various stages of product development, as required:
- Research new parts and technologies
- Develop technical specifications for products
- Develop software specification for products
- Assist with development of an operations manual, if applicable
- Design & Develop of software for electrical assemblies for products according to the technical, software, and test specifications
- Write efficient code for complex programming assignments
- Prepare statement of works, project plans. Keep lines of communication open on status of assigned projects and activities
- Responsible for implementing documentation updates and changes to existing applications
- Research new products, technologies and applications
- Provide assistance to technical services for high-priority issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Computer Science or other Engineering related field
- Minimum 1 year of embedded hardware & software engineering, design & development experience
Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with industry practices and tools in the implementation of embedded programming and software technology
- Fluent in Embedded C; Experience with C++, Java, Python and other computer languages is a plus.
- Strong application experience in ARM Cortex base processors
- Working experience with an IDE and Complier such as GNU GCC, Eclipse, IAR Workbench, Keil uVision
- Design experience on a Communication Protocol such as UART, I2C, SPI, CAN etc. or wireless protocols including BLE, WiFi, ZigBee etc.
- Knowledge on Gateway, Cloud and IoT is a plus.
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen focus to detail
- Understanding of electrical safety