The Constellation Brands Network Engineer role will be responsible for the operations and support of the Constellation Brands data network and voice services with a focus on strategic project delivery across the Constellation Global Network. This position will be responsible for ensuring we provide stable and efficient network services for our stakeholders as defined by our service levels. The Network Engineer will work with the appropriate technology teams, business stakeholders, vendors and leadership to ensure that our network services meet company needs and meet the required performance metrics and SLAs. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, data communications, telecommunications systems and documentation.
- Designs, configures, and maintains network infrastructure components; troubleshoots network to diagnose system problems; identifies, locates, resolves, and repairs problems; approves installations of upgrades and domain security protocols.
- Manages the operational activities of the enterprise wide Data/Voice/Video network, including design, installation, configuration, maintenance and security.
- Ensure that all project based work within the Constellation Global Network is implemented with quality and has Enterprise Class reliability.
- Analyzes network functions and evaluates the services provided; develops plan of action and recommendations; identifies milestones and issues to be addressed, and generates reports as required.
- Evaluates, recommends, justifies and ensures the proper toolsets and procedures are implemented, maintained and utilized.
- Monitors utilization trends, manages network performance, and assures maximum uptime; performs ongoing analysis, capacity planning, and technical tuning of the network systems to improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with policies and regulations, and that all issues are addressed and resolved.
- Plans, develops, and designs network management and maintenance projects, including policies and procedures, operational improvements, and evaluates new technology integration.
- Participates and occasionally leads large scale network service project implementations including team members and across service providers.
- Directs vendors in the successful completion of operational support activities.
- Provide leadership across converged technology platforms. Ensure effective collaboration is taking place in order to provide high quality customer service.
- Ensure integrity and stability of the voice and data network services across the enterprise.
- Ensure documentation of the environment and operational processes stay relevant.
- Monitor and remain abreast of emerging technologies for possible introduction into the organization.
- Manages vendor relationships in all related technologies (HW, SW, Circuits, toll frees, etc.) so that services are delivered to us effectively and efficiently.
- Work within a team environment, manage systems, lead upgrades, coordinate installs and work from a ticketing queue.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems
- 5-7 years of IT Network Experience with a record of progressive career growth.
- Technical experience and strong command of enterprise networking industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes.
- Proven ability to work business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities and integration with existing infrastructure.
- Proven track record of implementing significant IT infrastructure projects on schedule and budget.
- Strong network and voice engineering experience with a variety of vendor solutions.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- WAN Point-to-Point
- MPLS Network Design, Routing, Traffic Engineering Management
- Data Center Technologies
- Wireless Networking Protocols, Technologies Design and Management
- IPSec Protocol and Compliant Cisco Infrastructure Components (VPN, ASA Firewall, Routers etc)
- VoIP and IP Telephony (CUCM)
- Video Conferencing (Cisco TelePresence)
- TDM PBX technologies (Nortel BCM/Option 11)
- Quality of Service
- Industrial Networking
- Voice / Data convergence technology solution and deployment strategies
- Cisco NX-OS and Cisco IOS
- IP Service (DNS/DHCP)
- In depth understanding of ITIL/ITSM principles in managing operational service delivery.
- Demonstrate ability and experience in working with vendors and service providers.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company.
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rotation.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Location Napa, California
Job Type Full time
Job Area Information Technology
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn