Remote in North America
Join SafeGraph’s small but growing Engineering team. You'll spend your time using functional programming to build and improve upon our product - the most accurate dataset on places in the US - and solving interesting data problems in the geospatial and temporal world. You should be excited by the prospect of shaping the vision of and building something new, getting in at the ground floor and helping the SafeGraph team continue to build and support a world-class data product.
- Have attention to detail and bias for action, are a prolific communicator, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Are passionate about big data, looking to work in a fast-paced environment, focusing on hard problems where the solutions are often not predefined.
- Authorized to work within North America and are comfortable working remotely.
- Minimum 3+ years of backend engineering work experience.
- Proficiency in writing production-quality code, preferably in Scala, Java, or Python.
- Familiarity with all things building data products - schema design, modeling, optimization, scalability.
- Deep understanding of Apache Spark and distributed data systems - that allows you to solve production-scale problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience and passion for functional programming in solving data problems (Scala).
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Experience with building ML models from the ground up.
- Experience with open source development.
- Our goal is to be the dominant place to get any data on a physical Place. We sell our product - our datasets - to data scientists and machine learning engineers at companies of all sizes.
- At SafeGraph, we’ve taken a measured approach to build a long term company. We were profitable in 2019, have hired experienced leadership from the start and care deeply about democratizing access to data to everyone.
- We currently have ~50 employees and are growing quickly. We raised a $20 million Series A, and the CEO was previously the founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- While SafeGraph was started in San Francisco, we've been distributed across North America since 2019, and currently have small offices (in non-pandemic times) in SF, NYC & Denver. We get the entire company together in the same place as often as possible, and cannot wait to do this again soon!
- We offer our employees a robust set of benefits, including health, dental & vision insurance coverage, a 401k, work-from-home stipend, mental health benefits, and much more.